Prism Arts runs weekly arts workshops for young people and adults with learning disabilities.
We take a multi art form approach; this means that you will learn a range of new skills, including film-making, movement, drama, visual arts and music.
During the year the group will work towards an exhibition or performance.
Workshops run from 9:30am – 3:30pm for 36 weeks every year, on Fridays during term time.
We also run a weekly workshop, Studio Arts, on Mondays during term time, which are visual arts workshops aimed at creating work for exhibitions.
Workshops are based at our workshop and studio spaces in the centre of Carlisle:
Carlisle Business Interaction Centre
4-5 Paternoster Row
To make an enquiry or book your place please email: Office@prismarts.org.uk or call us on 01228 587691.
History: Year 1, 2012-13
The first year of Studio Theatre Carlisle had a busy schedule of activities involving live performance, shadow puppetry, film animation and music. The company members took part in the following events and performances:
- Gamelan performance in association with Soundwave at the Tithe Barn Carlisle.
- Cumbria Community Gamelan performance in association with Soundwave and the children of Brook Street School.
- Working alongside Haltwhistle Film Project to create an animation.
- Spring/summer 2013, company members work on Film Able’s second feature film “Missing Link”.
- Preview of “Through the Window” as part of Carlisle’s Culture Bazaar 2013. Company members created the story, costumes, stage props and songs.
- Performance of “Through the Window” as part of Lakes Alive Mintfest, Kendal.
In August 2013, members of Studio Theatre Carlisle performed ‘Through The Window’ as part of Mintfest International Festival of Street Arts in Kendal. See footage from the performance below: